Commit to the New Urban Agenda!
- Draw attention to the World Cities Day and its theme, highlight the challenges and issues around Inclusive Cities, Shared Development, especially with regard to your own city.
- Raise awareness through mass and social media: press articles, radio and television, newspapers, exhibitions, etc. Organize press conferences and broadcast video and audio spots. Post on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube and other social media platforms engaging policy makers, government officials, academics, other professional and community representatives.
Urban October provides a Social Media Kit available on www.urbanoctober.org
- Organize fundraising, recreation or entertainment activities like sports or cultural events to make visible the lack of affordable housing in your city.
- Organize high-level meetings and discussions with national, regional and local governments on the implementation of the New Urban Agenda.
- Add your commitments to the New Urban Agenda at the Quito Implementation Plan platform on Quitoimplementationplan.habitat3.org
- Promote #CitiesDay #UrbanOctober and #NewUrbanAgenda on your posts and tweets.
- Register your planned activity or submit your photo on www.urbanoctober.org