- Draw attention to the World Habitat Day and its
theme, highlight the challenges and issues around Housing Policies and
Affordable Housing, especially with regard to poor and vulnerable groups.
- Raise awareness through mass and social media:
press articles, radio and television, newspapers, exhibitions, etc. Organize
press conferences and broadcast video and audio spots. Post on Facebook,
Twitter, Instagram, Youtube and other social media platforms engaging policy
makers, government officials, academics, other professional and community
- Local authorities and governments may publicly
launch their programmes and policy strategies on affordable housing.
- Organize fundraising, recreation or
entertainment activities like sports or cultural events to make visible the
lack of affordable housing in your city.
- Organize high-level meetings and discussions
with national, regional and local governments on the theme towards the
implementation of the New Urban Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Promote #HabitatDay #UrbanOctober and
#NewUrbanAgenda on your posts and tweets.
- Register your planned activity on
- Take part in the Urban October activities and attend
the ninth session of the World Urban Forum (WUF9) in Kuala Lumpur, in February